At RTR we believe that Jewish education is a lifelong commitment. We teach the student in a way they can understand. We will provide the Knowledge, nurture the Believing, provide opportunity for the Doing and Belonging. Our dedicated and incredible educators will provide knowledge of Torah, Avodah (Service to God) and G’milut Chasadim (Acts of Love and Kindness). Additionally, we have an Individual Weekly Hebrew Tutoring program which leads our students to become successful Bar/Bat Mitzvahs. Our goal is fluent reading from our prayer book, with familiarity and an understanding of our Friday night and Shabbat morning prayers.
At RTR, we make learning fun! Weekly music classes, monthly cooking, holiday and Israel celebrations are just some of the exciting events we incorporate into our religious school.
Our program consists of:
- Our K’tanim monthly Preschool Program is full of wonderful interactive learning experiences for 18 months to 4 years.
- Engaging Jewish learning of traditions, history, music, and Hebrew for grades K-7.
- Our vibrant Academy program for students in grades 8-10, designed specifically to help our teens deal with the challenges of today’s world through a Jewish lens.
- Our Post-Confirmation program which helps prepare our 11-12 graders for Jewish life beyond high school.
- The opportunity to join RTR’s Junior Choir led by our amazing Cantor Sally Neff. Junior Choir is conveniently held right after Hebrew School on Sundays and is a fun way for students to get further involved at RTR.
Religious School Spotlight
Students in Morah Tobe and Morah Debbie’s classes learned about International Holocaust Remembrance Day