Jewish Everyday: Our Synagogue, Our Holidays, Mitzvot
The objectives of the Nursery – Grade 2 curricula are to infuse a love of being Jewish in a creative, hands-on, environment which brings the topics to life in an age-appropriate way.
Texts: (B Year)
- Look at Me! In the Synagogue
- Look at Me! Do a Mitzvah
- Let’s Discover the Holidays
- Students will learn the basics about the Jewish holidays, and learn about the synagogue.
- Ritual items will be explored and discussed, pertaining to holidays and the synagogue.
- Students will get to know the people in the synagogue, (Rabbi, Cantor, Educator, teachers).
- Student will also understand the idea of a mitzvah, and will share with the class and others the mitzvot they perform.
- Israelwill be introduced in an age-appropriate way.
- Music Curriculum will reflect the topics studied in class.
- Hebrew Curriculum: Students will learn the Shema and Barchu, and the Motzi and Short Kiddush.
- Basic Hebrew Vocab according to new Hebrew Curriculum.
Art, music, and hands-on approach to learning in all areas.