Jewish Everyday: Shabbat, Holidays, Mitzvot
The objectives of the Nursery – Grade 2 curricula are to infuse a love of being Jewish in a creative, hands-on, environment which brings the topics to life in an age-appropriate way.
- BJL Beginnings Alef to Tav
- Let’s Discover Series (Behrman House)
- Students will learn about Jewish holidays in more depth, and learn more Hebrew with each Holiday.
- A special unit about Shabbat will be added to the curriculum this year, and we will make our own Shabbat Boxes to take home.
- Ritual items will be explored and discussed, pertaining to all the holidays and the synagogue.
- Student will continue with the idea of a mitzvah, and will share with the class and others the mitzvot they perform.
- Israelwill be included in an age-appropriate way.
- Music Curriculum will reflect the topics studied in class.
Hebrew Curriculum: Students will learn
- Short Kiddush
- Shabbat Candles.
- Hanukkah Blessings.
Basic Hebrew Vocab according to new Hebrew Curriculum.
Art, music, and hands-on approach to learning in all areas.