Bible, Israel, Introduction to Hebrew
The objectives of the Nursery – Grade 2 curricula are to infuse a love of being Jewish in a creative, hands-on, environment which brings the topics to life in an age-appropriate way.
- Let’s Discover Series (Behrman House)
- Bible, Israel,
- Students will be introduced to our Torah, as a living document, and learn the stories that teach mitzvot each week.
- Hebrew is introduced, with the knowledge that these students are learning to read English as a phonetic language.
- Students will continue to learn about Jewish holidays, and learn the Hebrew blessings associated with each Holiday.
- We will have a special unit about Israel, and learn about how many of our bible stories took place there, and that our brothers and sisters still live there today.
- Music Curriculum will reflect the topics studied in class.
Continue and review:
- Short Kiddush
- Shabbat Candles.
- Hanukkah Blessings.
Include this year:
- Borei P’ree Ha’Aitz
- Oseh Shalom
Basic Hebrew Vocab according to new Hebrew Curriculum.
Art, music, and hands-on approach to learning in all areas.